Eye Love - Heart Brooch is an original wearable design from the Eye Love Collection using midfire clay, underglazed and gloss glazed for shine and strength. This piece is lovingly handmade and hand painted with original designs by Kathy Gardiner using brush underglazes.
The Eye Love Collection of brooches have been designed to highlight the awareness of eye cancer specifically ocular melanoma in its varying forms. These vibrant yet minimalist pieces pop in their stylised and simplified form and are conceptualised as light-hearted, fun wearable pieces with a strong message of importance. While the brooches pop in both colour and design they encourage conversation and awareness highlighting the significance of regular eye checks and good eye health. Three (3) designs, each in two (2) colour ways make up this collection.
From each brooch sale, AUD$10.00 will be on-donated to QIMR Berghofer Medical Research Institute's - Ocular Melanoma Research Team as the nominated charitable choice by Susan Vine, Ocular Melanoma Australia + New Zealand Support Group Founder and Advocate.
- Hand painted stylised eye design in 2 colourful designs of green/blue and blue/red.
- Shaped in a heart. The heart is an acknowledgement to all that a patient and their loved ones endure through a diagnosis. It is a a symbol of hope and love.
- Slab hand built, carved and decorated by hand.
- Wearable art with an antique silver brooch back with roller catch on reverse.
- Measuring approx. 47mm (length), 45mm (width), 3mm (thickness)
- Weighs approx. 15g
- No two pieces are the same.
Designed to be worn, this is no ordinary brooch. This bold, minimalist design pops in strong colour contrasts. Adorn to your favourite outfit, jacket, scarf, bag or hat for an instant colour infusion to your wardrobe. Start conversations, and share the message of awareness.
Every piece in this collection is individually handmade, shaped, cut and hand initialled by the artist. No two pieces are exactly the same! Each piece differs slightly in size, shape and detailing. Actual colours may differ from image on the screen. Please allow for minor imperfections; these do not effect the piece in anyway but only adds to the pieces originality and uniqueness!
Handmade in Brisbane, Australia